Summer, we love you.
Before your sunny rays give way to the crisper days of fall, we're here for more mouthfuls of watermelon, sand between our toes, and the carefree feeling that inevitably accompanies a few flickers of sunshine.
There’s something just so sweet about summer. Even as we’re still in the midst of a global pandemic, there’s an air about summer that takes us back to childhood. Somehow, stepping outside and into the welcoming warmth reminds us that everything is going to be ok.
So, as we stroll through the remainder of this sweet, sunny season, we encourage you to embrace your inner child. Do things you haven’t done in years (or maybe ever). Dream in ways you’ve not dreamt since you were in the single digits. Have FUN and let loose an inner joy that’s dying to be released. Here are a few fun things you can do to live in the moment and get reacquainted with your younger self.
1. Do something silly
- Grab some friends, find an open field, and have a dance party (or do it on your own too!).
- Go on a joy drive, roll down the windows and sing your favorite song at sunset.
- Break out that old slip ‘n’ slide for a thrilling trip down memory lane.
2. Get creative
- Buy some watercolor paints, plop down in your driveway, and soak up some rays while you create. It doesn’t have to be a masterpiece—just have fun!
- Make a flower necklace for yourself, a friend, a family member, or all of the above!
- Grab some chalk and sketch a colorful masterpiece on the sidewalk (maybe play some hopscotch while you’re at it too!).
3. Soak up the sun (but don’t forget a hat to protect your face from the rays)
- Go on a hike and stop to take photos of the beautiful nature along the way.
- Hit the beach (and why not make a sand castle while you’re at it??).
- Gather your friends and create a charcuterie board picnic (because we all know charcuterie is just grown-up lunchables!).
So, Liv3 Loves, we hope these ideas inspire you to live with youthful joy the rest of this summer. We also hope they’ll spark new ideas to chase after. Message us on Instagram with any other ideas you might have to unleash your inner child. We’ll share a few of our favorites!